Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Corn Fields and New Beginnings


I have been in Iowa for a little over a week now. Driving down the rural roads, I am captivated by the rows and rows of corn that sprouted just before my arrival here. With all of the rain we have received, I am daily perplexed by the amount of growth that takes place right before my eyes. As I embark on this journey in the Midwest, I can't help but make the connection between my new beginning and the sprouting corn fields. It is as if I am being exposed, for the first time, to an abundant sunlight that contains the essential components that will shape me into a productive young woman, who will be ready for harvest at the end of my voyage. I am eager for this opportunity ahead of me. I am confident I will face numerous experiences that will make lasting impressions on me, develop lifelong memories, as well as endless open doors. I am extremely grateful, and eager to see what lies ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment